Wednesday 13 February 2013

Have you ever thought... I need help losing weight?



Change. 

It's the theme of the day today, I've decided.

So often when we embark on a health or weight loss journey we attempt to get new results by doing the same thing.

We do the same workout.

We eat the same stuff.

And then we bitch and complain when the scale doesn't move, or we gain the weight back.

I've been there. 

I've been thinking a lot about this lately as I go through this Ultimate Reset journey. In a way it's been a real eye opener for me, in a few different ways. I know people who have done it before me and commented that it really taught them a lot about what foods to eat and what to stay away from, as well as what portion sizes were appropriate for them. In some cases it has helped them to the degree that not only is this the lowest they've weighed in years, but also maybe the best they've felt too. And yet, when they recommended the program to friends who also wanted to lose weight, those friends refused to give it a try because they were unwilling to change the way they ate.

Well, as the saying goes, if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. 

And it's true in many many ways, isn't it. I've come to realize on this Ultimate Reset journey that I still held on to many misconceptions about my own diet--which I initially felt was pretty darned good. But here's the deal. While I ate some fruits and vegetables, I didn't eat nearly enough. Now I eat a TON of salads and meals comprised of veggies only, and I love it. Plus it fills me up. Before, I refused to give up my decaf coffee with chemical creamer, telling myself that I gave up everything else--that was one thing I wasn't going to part with. I haven't had a decaf with chemical creamer for 7 days now and I haven't missed it once. This program has forced me to totally revamp my diet 100% and it has been enlightening, to say the least. It has opened my eyes to the fact that if we truly do want to see concrete results we have to be willing to do one thing, and one thing only:

Change.

We have to try new things. Throw out old comfortable habits and try new ones on. We have to let go of our death grasp on routine. Just because we've done something one way for the last 20 years doesn't mean that we have to do it for the next 20. Never in my life did I think that I could switch from coffee to herbal tea and actually like it. Never in my life did I actually consider a vegan diet.

And not that I am suggesting that you guys give up coffee or head for the vegan counter at the grocery store. I am merely suggesting that if you truly do want to transform your body AND your life--maybe it's time to step out of the comfort zone and start opening yourself up to new possibilities--workouts that you would have never even considered before, classes that yesterday seemed too intimidating, recipes that enliven your taste buds again.

Because let's face it. Life is not a dress rehearsal. We do not get a do over. And there is no rule saying that we have to do the same thing every day, or we have to do what everyone else is doing. Let's forge a new path. Our own path. 

The path to self-creation.

The path to success.


Are you ready for CHANGE?  If so, I want YOU!!  Click here to join my team for FREE coaching and support!! Take the first step to transforming your body and life!

No comments:

Post a Comment